RIDDLES OF EMPIRE: TODAY AND YESTERDAY
Our excursion is acquaintance with the Imereti region with the main city of the region and the second largest in Georgia – Kutaisi.
The beauty of the nature of the region, Georgia of the times of Colchis and the Abkhaz-Imeretian kingdom from the past to the present, the reserved Sataplia with karst caves, panoramic sites and traces of ancient reptiles.
08:50 - 09:00 Meeting of participants (parking of the Aqualand hotel). Expectation of participants from Kvariati, Gonio, Sarpi
09:20 am Argo cable car and hotel Sanapiro.
Connection of participants from Kobuleti, Chakvi, Shekvetili, Ureki One stop on the way to Lanchkhuti (toilet, coffee)
12:00 -13: 00 - Kutaisi sightseeing tour (auto) Kutaisi
13:00 -13: 10 organizational points and a tour of the Sataplia protected area - a walk through the reserve, a cave, a walk in the park, a pavilion of dinosaurs (1.20 - 1.30 hours) LUNCH
16:00 - 17:00 Gelati monastery complex - the ancient center of Imereti and Western Georgia, spread out on the slope of a picturesque mountain with beautiful panoramic views and a life-giving spring flowing near the church fence. The restored building of the famous Gelati Academy of the early Middle Ages - the center of scientific thought in Georgia
17:10 - 17:50 Motsameta is a small but very beautiful monastery above the stormy river. Rioni, immersed in the green of the coastal vegetation.
18:00 - 18:30 Kutaisi main attractions and visiting card of the city - Bagrat temple
21:30 return to Batumi
The Imereti region with its center in the city of Kutaisi keeps many secrets and mysteries that have survived from ancient times to the present day.
But many centuries ago, not people walked here, but ancient reptiles and dinosaurs, who left fossilized footprints to remind us of their existence.
We will find ourselves in the kingdom of history, in the mysterious world of the natural beauty of the Colchis forest, labyrinths of karst caves that have come down from the Mesozoic era – 160 million years ago. How do you like it? such teleportation?
Imereti keeps many secrets and mysteries: legends of the Golden Age of Sakartvelo – where the state of Georgia was born and its history was written. Great Georgian kings ruled here, inscribing the unification of Georgia with golden threads in the history of the state, leaving their victories, deeds and creations in the history of the state, creating architectural complexes, temples, monasteries, glorifying the greatness of the state …
So, an excursion to the region where Georgia was born! We will not only admire the most beautiful forests surrounded by mountains, we will learn about the Golden Age in the history of the country where history was made. Get to know the protected area and karst caves of Sataplia
Sataplia – a walk in the reserve, a cave, a walk in the park, the pavilion of dinosaurs (1.20 – 1.30 hours)
The following sections are located on the route of the excursion:
1) “Colchis Forest” – a beautiful forest with boulders, boulders and rocks, with installed large figures of dinosaurs that can wave their paws, tail and growl loudly.
2) The pavilion of dinosaurs – a modern room with decorated scenes from the life of fossil lizards with fossilized paw prints – traces of both herbivorous and carnivorous dinosaurs.
3) The abode of wild rock bees – this stage takes place in a very beautiful area, along a forest path, which in places goes down and ascends up stairs. “Sataplia” – “honey place”. The most beautiful landscape: rocks on the left, panorama of the Imereti Valley – on the right. There is a small observation deck.
4) Karst cave – it is medium in size. Its length is about 300 meters, the temperature throughout the year is +14 degrees. The dampness, of course, is felt, as in all such places, stalactites and stalagmites are illuminated.
There is an opportunity to walk around the reserve on your own. There are no time limits. There is a cafe not far from the exit from the cave.
5) A small museum with some fossils and a huge dinosaur skeleton.
6) From the museum, the uphill path leads to the main observation deck of the reserve. It is a completely modern, horseshoe-shaped structure with a glass floor, carried over the cliff. On the floor itself, people walk only in special slippers. The site offers a stunning view of the picturesque expanses of Kutaisi, with exciting green hills like waves. These are the first places in the celestial theater where, standing over the abyss, you can watch the clouds floating in the immediate vicinity.